October 26, 2021
General Membership Meeting October 28, 2021
JFT’s general membership meeting will be held on Thursday, October 28, 2021, via Zoom at 5:30 p.m. Election of delegates to the LFT Virtual Convention will be held at this meeting. The LFT Virtual Convention is Saturday, November 20, 2021, at 9 a.m.
Click here to register for the General Membership Meeting. Or visit: https://forms.gle/3aK83s2ThZdUmqTk9
Early voting dates are October 30, 2021-November 6, 2021
(closed Sunday, October 31st).
Election Day is Saturday, November 13, 2021
There is an important millage renewal for teacher salaries and benefits. This is not a new tax!
AFT Disaster Grant Update
AFT is in the process of preparing checks for qualified recipients. Those checks will then be mailed to the Louisiana Federation of Teachers who will in turn, mail them to local affiliates for distribution.
PSRP Computer Training
Through AFT's Innovation Grant Project, we are proud to offer technology training sessions to our PSRPs (paraprofessional, secretaries, custodian, clerks, etc.). Not only will union members gain the technical knowledge of computers, but several Chromebooks will be given away at every training!
- PSRPs will be paid to attend a 3 -hour tech training.
- In-person sessions will be held at the JFT Office.
- If you already attended a Basic and an Intermediate training over the summer, you are not eligible to attend again.
Basic Training Sessions will be held on:
Thursday November 4 (5-8pm)
Saturday November 6 (10am-1pm) and will include:
- Basic Chromebook Functions
- Google Suite Intro
- JPSchools website practice
...and other activities to improve your tech skills.
An Intermediate Training will be held on:
Thursday November 11 (5-8pm) and will include:
- Google Suite: Gmail (review)
- Google Meet, Google Sheets, Google Docs,
- Practice on Relevant Professional Websites
...and other tech tips to improve your abilities.