Listed below is information for early voting and Election Day. Please click here for endorsement candidates for the May 4, 2013 Election.
2013 Spring Off Year Special Election: May 4, 2013 General
- April 20-27, 2013 is the early voting period for the May 4, 2013 Spring Off Year General (except Sunday).
- Early voting hours: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Early voting takes place at the Registrar of Voters Office in each parish and at designated locations in certain parishes.
ELECTION DAY VOTING
When you go to the polls to cast your vote in an election, be sure to take one of the following:
- a driver's license;
- a Louisiana Special ID; or
- some other generally recognized picture ID that contains your name and signature.
You may get a free Louisiana Special ID at the Office of Motor Vehicles by showing your voter registration information card. If you have misplaced your voter registration information card, contact your registrar of voters for a new one.
Should any problems or questions arise, the principal office of the registrar of voters in each parish will be open from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. on all Saturday elections and 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. on all Tuesday elections.
Propositions and Constitutional Amendments
Constitutional amendments and summaries and text versions of propositions to be voted upon in upcoming and recent past elections can be seen by visiting the constitutional amendments and propositions page, and then selecting a year and election date.
Election day voting hours are from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on all Saturday elections and 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on all Tuesday elections. Don't forget to bring your picture ID to the polls!
Don’t forget to vote!